Here are the top 10 reasons to move to Melton Mowbray:
1) Twinlakes Theme Park offers a great day out for the family with water rides, animals and picnic areas to enjoy. Located just half a mile north-east of Melton Mowbray, Twinlakes Theme Park boasts seven fun zones as well as Red Rooster Zoo Farm and Bird of Prey Centre. The Perfect day out to keep the grandchildren amused!
2) Melton Carnegie Museum is an interactive centre where children and adults alike can learn about the local area and see exhibits such as the two-headed calf! Situated in the old Carnegie library that was built in 1905, the Melton Carnegie Museum gives visitors the chance to explore the history of Melton in a fun and hands-on way.
3) In addition to Melton Carnegie Museum, Melton Mowbray itself is steeped in rich history and Melton Heritage Trail describes the heritage of the town. The trail details a thousand years of history including the memorable places and people that make Melton Mowbray what it is today.
4) Melton Mowbray Food Festival is held annually every October, 2019 will be its 16th year. Around 200 stands showcase the best food and drink from the East Midlands and beyond. Celebrity chefs demonstrate their culinary prowess, live entertainment is provided and the kids’ zone ensures the children are as delighted as the adults by the festival.
5) If your idea of a great night is an evening in with a delicious cheese board, you’ll love Melton Mowbray’s annual Artisan Cheese Fair. The Fair will be held from 4th-5th May 2019. A full programme of talks, tastings and demonstrations from industry experts will accompany cheese, wine, cakes, beer, chutneys and, of course, Melton Mowbray’s famous pork pies.
6) Grade I-listed St Mary’s Parish Church is over 800 years old with parts dating back to 1170. As well as the impressive history, this architectural gem is host to some of the town’s most prestigious events including the hugely popular annual Christmas Tree Festival.
7) The Melton Mowbray Victorian Fayre is a traditional Christmas delight held over a weekend every November or December. Selling a selection of Christmas goods and hot and cold delicacies on quaint market stalls alongside festive activities for all ages, the fayre provides entertainment enveloped within a festive atmosphere and is fun for all the family.
8) Garthorpe Race Course hosts point to point horse racing, just 5 and a half miles east of Melton Mowbray. In addition to the horse racing itself, there is a licensed bar and bookmakers, the Tote, children’s amusements, trade stand shopping and food outlets. Guests are also welcome to bring their own picnic, making a visit to Garthorpe Race Course an extremely enjoyable and affordable pastime.
9) The annual UK PieFest, which celebrates the art of traditional pie making, is held in Melton Mowbray each July. As with all other annual events, Piefest features a whole host of other delicious culinary delights, as well as talks, tastings and demonstrations for visitors to enjoy.
10) Dickinson & Morris have been baking pork pies since 1851, making them the oldest remaining bakers of the authentic Melton Mowbray Pork Pie. Visit Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe to sample some of these eponymous pies and treat yourself to one or two to take home. If you’re a cheese fanatic, a visit to The Melton Cheeseboard is also essential. Offering over 150 different varieties of cheeses, many of which are sourced locally from Leicestershire and the surrounding area, this specialist company stocks other local products such as ales, pickles, gins and relishes too.
Melton Mowbray may be located close to several attractions and play host to many exciting annual events but there are also plenty of day to day activities for Bisley park home owners to enjoy all year round. The historic market town of Melton Mowbray comes to life every Tuesday for the cattle market and farmers’ market and every Wednesday for the bric-a-brac sale. These weekly markets offer a bustling community feeling for residents and visitors alike, where could be a more enjoyable place to move to and make your home?
Bisley Residential Park is a new and exclusive residential development within the historic market town of Melton Mowbray, in Leicestershire. Comprised of four luxury park homes exclusively for over 45s, the single storey two bedroom properties are fully equipped, fully furnished and finished to an extremely high specification. One of the very best reasons for choosing to live in Melton Mowbray (apart from the incredible mince pies) is Bisley Residential Park and the stunning luxury homes we have to offer.
To find out more about how Bisley Park can help you become a resident of beautiful Melton Mowbray call us today!